The following are sample questions to help prepare for interviews in various situations. Add "and why?" after many questions to get a more indepth response.
- What was your proudest moment of accomplishment at school?
- What is your favorite class?
- What classes should be offered but are not?
- If you could change one thing at school to make it better for students, what would it be?
- What does it take to be successful in school?
- What do you do to relieve stress?
- What is a common mistake people make in trying to improve themselves?
- What is the best quality in a friend?
- What academic subject do you think is the most important for success?
- Do mobile devices improve learning or hinder learning?
- What do you think you will be doing twenty years from now?
- Twenty years from now, what will you remember from this school year?
- How is middle school better than elementary school?
- What is the single most important thing you learned in middle school?
- What is the most important personal trait (patience, reliable, honesty, etc.) for success in school?
- Would a longer school day or year be better for students?
- Are there afterschool programs that should be added that currently do not exist?
- What do you like about Halloween the most?
- Why did you choose the costume you wore?
- If you could dress as anything, what would it be and why?
- Name your three favorite candies?
- What would you change about Halloween and why?
- What kind of scary movies do you like to watch?
- How did you make your costume?
- How did you go about carving up your pumpkin?
- What causes you the most stress in this sport?
- How long have you played this sport?
- What motivated you to play this sport?
- Does anyone inspire you to play or improve?
- How do you train for this sport?
- What dangers exist in this game?
- Describe what it takes to be a champion player.
- Describe the most difficult part of playing this sport.
- How much of success is mental and how much is physical? Explain why.
- What is the most physically demanding part of this game?
- What skills are needed to be successful and why?
- What motivates you to play?
- What is your favorite position or event? Why?
- What was your most fulfilling moment playing this game?
- How would you describe your sport in a single sentence?
- What is the most important part of working on a team?
- If you could change anything about this sport, what would it be?
- How do you overcome a loss?
- What is something you learned from participating in this sport?
- Name and explain something that most people do not know about this sport?
Clubs and Organizations Questions
- Does this club provide any benefits to the community? If so, how?
- Name a memorable activity that you were involved in? What made it memorable?
- What skills do members learn?
- What is the goal of this club or organization?
- How can being a member help you success elsewhere?
- Is this club for everyone?
- If you could add or change one thing about this club/organization, what would it be and why?
- What is a typical meeting like?
- When and where does this club/organization meet?
- What do you regularly enjoy each time the club/organization meets?
- Name some common activities that this group does.
- Does this club/organization make you a better person? Why or why not?
- What club/organization should be created that does not now exist?
- Why did you choose to play your current instrument?
- What instrument would you like to play? Why?
- Who inspires you musically and explain why they are important to you?
- What is challenging about playing your instrument?
- How do you improve your skills when you practice?
- What genre of music is the most difficult to play?
- What kind of skills are necessary to become good at playing an instrument?
Physical Education (P.E.)
- What skills do you learn in P.E.?
- Why is P.E. important to students?
- How does P.E. help build teamwork?
- What sport requires the most work to play well and why?
- What can you learn in P.E. that you cannot learn in the classroom?
- Why is physical fitness important?
- What activity are you afraid to admit that you like in P.E.?
- What makes P.E. class fun?